Definition of Health.
“A complete state of Physical, Mental and Social well-being ,and not merely the absence of Disease or Infirmity.”This is the most commonly quoted definition of health which has been formalized by the World Health Organization (WHO) over half a century ago.
Health is just understood absence of any physical ailments
Mental Health is defined as:
A state of balance between the individual & the surrounding world,
A state of Harmony between oneself and others,
A co existence between the realities of self and that of other people and that of the environment ( Homeostasis),
It is the ability to respond to the many varied experiences of life, good or bad, with flexibility and a sense of purpose,
Loss of near ones,
Loss of Position,
Sickness Absence is an important health problem in industry. It may seriously impedes growth with serious cost repercussions, both direct as well as indirect.
Absenteeism is a useful index in industry to asses the state
of health of employees & their physical, mental & social well being.
Incidence: rate of absenteeism was reported to be 8 to 10 days per head per year.
Sickness Absenteeism- Causes
1. Economic – If the worker is entitled to sick leave with pay, he tends to avail this privilege by declaring themselves unfit
for work, at their choices.
2. Social - These are the social & family obligations such as weddings, festivals, repair & maintenance of house & similar other causes.
3. Medical - Respiratory & alimentary illnesses have found to be important causes.
4. Non occupational - Certain causes such as nutritional disorders, alcoholism, drug addiction & stress have also been found responsible.
Sickness Absenteeism: Prevention
The prevention/ reduction of sickness absenteeism would result in better utilization of resources & maximizing the production.
Methods for reducing sickness absenteeism include:
1. Cure a Disease and not just treat it with Homoeopathy
2. Reduce the stress of employee : This can be best done BEST with the homoeopathic medicine,
3. Good management & HR practices,
4. Develop Integrity & sense of ownership among employee,
5. Good human relation's :Homoeopathy not only act on physical sphere but also helps to change the persons negative attitude which helps to build good interpersonal relations with others.